Sunday, September 13, 2009

MY NAME

My name Dong-Hyunk which was given by a monk (who I hate because they're bald and believe in Buddhism)has no background stories. Not at all. But it has a meaning. Dong means east and I think Hyuk means the sun rising which means the rising sun from the east and since sun is important to everyone, that becomes I have to be important to everyone like Ban Gi Mun. The person whose head of the UN. I think he's important to everyone because he works for enviornment, peace, etc. So I have a life long mission which is to be a person that everyone needs me. But I'm not going to compelete the mission because I have other dreams.

My English name Brian is come from a word brave. It sounds smart and intelligent so I also can be thinked as a smart students which is not very true. I got this name Brian from an English Academy in Korea. I went there to sign up and before I take the test the teacher who was in charge of me asked me what my English name was so I told her ET because before I went to academy called ETBT with my cousin and since we didn't have any English name my name became Et and my cousin's name becasme BT. After she heard it she seemed to be little dissapointed and opened a huge book called " ENGLISH NAME" My mom looked at it and she choosed 3 best ones. Edward, Bob and Brian. The teacher explained the meanings and my mom's best name was Brian which doesn't rhyme with my sir name "Im".

I hate to be called as Dong or Brain. I can bare with Dong but not brain because I got teased by my name in 4th grade and still sometimes today. Now I can go with it but when they start to keep asying my name as brain my devil which took more than 5/6 of my mind order me to do something bad to them like violence in school. I liked to be called as I'm Brian because that means every body is Brian.

Even though some students call me as brain or Dong, now I have power to tease them back. Dong-Hyuk and Brian, for me they are the best names. Also when we mix the two names meanings it becomes the brave rising sun in the east!!

No comments: